Our chain is integrated,
and this guarantees
unparalleled quality.

Genu-in is part of the JBS New Business, along with other companies that innovatively transform co-products into high added value products, promoting sustainability and integration of the entire value chain.

As we are part of the largest producer of animal protein in the world, we have direct access to all raw materials and their origin.

JBS counts on approximately 80,000 cattle suppliers in Brazil. Of the total purchased by JBS, approximately 75% of the animals spend their entire lives raised in pastures. The other 25% live in pastures and are then kept in confinement, but for no more than 120 days.

The production units are frequently audited by customers from the national and international markets, who verify criteria for health, quality, animal welfare, traceability, nutrition, among others, in their verification process.

We control the process from
end-to-end and it all starts
by ensuring the animal's
well-being and health

JBS has teams specialized in each animal species and adopts techniques that are constantly improved, in accordance with the best market practices.

JBS maintains an Animal Welfare Committee, constituted in 2017 and composed of the Sustainability, Quality, Animal Welfare, Agriculture and Corporate Communication areas. It is responsible for establishing guidelines that can ensure that the topic is constantly evolving in the Company.

To make this possible, the company invests in production units improvements and in the acquisition of the most technological equipment available on the global market, in addition to encouraging practices that increasingly prioritize animal welfare in its supply chain. In 2019, this same committee created the JBS Animal Welfare Seal, as a way of reinforcing the entire company's commitment to the topic, through a single identity.

The actions adopted in the different operations are based on policies or principles that take into account the five fundamental animal freedoms, defined by the Farm Animal Welfare Coun­cil (FAWC). Best animal welfare practices are closely related to the success of JBS operations. Therefore, the work routines comply with the principles of humane slaughter, this is a fundamental aspect for the Company, which treats the subject with extreme rigor. In addition, the company carries out religious slaughter, specific to some markets.